The Midwest Technical Sales Representative position is for an individual with life science experience who has an interest in the commercial side of biotechnology. This position is based in Wisconsin (with company location being Madison, Wisconsin) with territory responsibilities consisting of the Midwestern United States.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturer representatives and distributors
• Establish plans and strategies to expand customer base in order to meet and exceed yearly growth targets
• Provide timely support relating to customer technical support (e.g., pricing, promotions, and training)
• Develop our customer base with focus on the fields of pharmaceutical and biotech industry
• Achieve a defined sales budget with our products within the sales territory and assist in collecting and analyzing market information (e.g., projects, trends, news)
• Initiate, identify, and coordinate the development of action plans to generate new customers in territory
• Maintains accurate records and reports on feedback from the field to senior management
• Controls expenses and manage time to meet budget guidelines and productivity
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field from regionally accredited university
• 2 - 5 years of technical sales experience in the process analytics market prefered
• Ability to travel at least 75% of the time with no restrictions.
• Superior time management skills and the ability to complete tasks on time and from the road
• Understanding of the markets where FAI-Bio competes including BioPharmaceutical, Academia, Chemical Processing, etc.
• Successful experience in sales of highly technical products prefered
• Excellent verbal and written communications are a must
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently